It is illegal to ship or receive marijuana by mail. Interstate shipment of marijuana is a federal offense. To report such cases you may reach:
Postal Inspection Service office: (877) 876-2455 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in all time zones. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/
Drug Enforcement Agency: (877)792-2873, https://www.dea.gov/contact.shtml and/or https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm
I’ve been scammed. What should I do?
You may wish to file a report with the appropriate authorities and/or your regional fraud reporting center — such as the Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov) and/or if you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police: USA Police Department Directory
You may also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), which handles complaints about deceptive or unfair business practices. To file a complaint, visit http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm, call 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357), or write to the following address:
Federal Trade Commission
Washington, D.C. 20580
Furthermore, you may contact the Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Cannabis Control. https://www.bcc.ca.gov/consumers/file_complaint.html
or write to the following address:
Department of Consumer Affairs – Bureau of Cannabis Control
2920 Kilgore Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Important Please Read:
- 1. Do NOT provide account login information to anyone, including us. We will never ask for this.
- 2. Beware of fake calls claiming to be BB staff. We do NOT call anyone.
- 3. Beware of fake email claiming to be from BB. We do NOT promote any product or brand via email list marketing.
- 4. BB does not get involved in any transactions between its users.
- 5. Your access and use of BB is at YOUR OWN RISK.
Here are a few ways that you can avoid scams.
- Never deposit or wire funds into any account.
- Never send cash via any mail courier.
- Fake cashier checks and money orders are common.
- PayPal/Google Wallet allow transaction disputes up to 180 days old and may reverse funds to original sender.
Below is an example of a text SCAM attempting to steal login information..
Dear BudBay Users, we have had series of complains about fraud happening on our website. For this reason, all users need to provide us with all their details required for account verification and review. Click the link to submit the details required for confirmation and verification for your own safety and security reasons. http://fakewebsitedotcom/ Failure to log in to verify your account within 48 hours, your account will be disabled. Thank you
To respond to this text message, reply to this email or visit Google Voice.
YOUR ACCOUNT HELP CENTER HELP FORUM
Marijuana Addiction Help & Treatment